- Report: Sony music bigwigs 'freaking out' their hefty salaries will be revealed December 20, 2014 KWN
- Idris Elba could be next James Bond according to leaked e-mails December 20, 2014 KWN
- Stephen Collins says older woman exposed herself to him when he was young December 20, 2014 KWN
- Ebola death toll in three African countries hits 7,373: WHO December 20, 2014 King World News
- UN's Ban urges end to discrimination against Ebola workers December 20, 2014 King World News
- Gold 2015: A Quick Heads-Up December 19, 2014 Adrian Ash
- Gold Trading "Thin" Below "Increasingly Important" $1200 Level as London Starts Christmas Holidays, Russia Grows Gold Reserves December 19, 2014 Adrian Ash
- 'One-Way Traffic' to Buy Gold Post-Fed in Asia Fades as Swiss Rates Go Negative, Indian Gold Premiums Too December 18, 2014 Adrian Ash
- Gold Prices Flat Below $1200 Ahead of US Fed Decision on Zero Rate Promise, "Expect Volatility" as Russia Buoys Ruble with FX Intervention December 17, 2014 Adrian Ash
- Gold Miners 'Don't Think Price Will Fall', Hedging 'Still Isolated' December 17, 2014 Goldbug
Bullish Signal? Funds Gold Bets Are At 3-Year Low
Money managers cut their bullish bets on Comex gold futures and options in the week ended April 24 to the lowest level in more than three years, according to data released Friday by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
Managed funds slashed 2,225 long positions, or bets prices will rise, and added 2,450 short positions, or bets prices will fall.
This took their net position down 4% to 107,600 long contracts, from 112,275 long contracts. That’s the lowest in CFTC data since the week ended Jan. 20, 2009.
The net position is the difference between the number of long and short contracts held by traders in the category and shifts in the net positions are considered as indicators of change in sentiment.
The managed-fund net long position represents around 10.7 million troy ounces of gold.
In Comex silver futures and options, these traders added 248 long contracts and 2,883 short contracts. This reduced their net long position by 20% to 10,756 contracts, from 13,390 contracts the previous week.
The net silver position represents around 53.7 million troy ounces of silver.