- Bo Polny: BREATHTAKING Crash in USD Before Summer? March 27, 2015 The Doc
- Paul Volker: “Gold Is The Enemy” March 26, 2015 The Doc
- Harvey Organ: 6 Tonnes of GLD Gold Headed for Shanghai! March 26, 2015 The Doc
- Most Americans Will Miss The Start Of World War Three March 26, 2015 The Doc
- Gold Price 'Positive' at 3-Week Highs Over $1200 But China Premium Sinks as Saudi Bombs Yemen, Crude Oil Rallies March 26, 2015 Adrian Ash
- Gold Prices 'Decidedly Bullish' Near $1200, But Dollar Rate-Rise Seen Challenging Even as US Fed Warns on 'Disinflationary Psychology' March 25, 2015 Adrian Ash
- After Short-Covering Rally, Buy Gold 'On a Dip' Traders Advised as US Inflation Rises, Dollar Price Slips March 24, 2015 Adrian Ash
- Gold Prices 'Still Cheap' vs Falling Dollar, ETFs Shrink Again as Eurozone Elections Split, 'Seasonal Demand' Seen in India March 23, 2015 Adrian Ash
Bullish Signal? Funds Gold Bets Are At 3-Year Low
Money managers cut their bullish bets on Comex gold futures and options in the week ended April 24 to the lowest level in more than three years, according to data released Friday by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
Managed funds slashed 2,225 long positions, or bets prices will rise, and added 2,450 short positions, or bets prices will fall.
This took their net position down 4% to 107,600 long contracts, from 112,275 long contracts. That’s the lowest in CFTC data since the week ended Jan. 20, 2009.
The net position is the difference between the number of long and short contracts held by traders in the category and shifts in the net positions are considered as indicators of change in sentiment.
The managed-fund net long position represents around 10.7 million troy ounces of gold.
In Comex silver futures and options, these traders added 248 long contracts and 2,883 short contracts. This reduced their net long position by 20% to 10,756 contracts, from 13,390 contracts the previous week.
The net silver position represents around 53.7 million troy ounces of silver.