- Jim Grant - Gold & The Fed’s Ungraceful Attempt To Exit QE May 24, 2013
- Rule - How Investors Can Make A Fortune In These Markets May 23, 2013
- Turk - We Are Witnessing Extraordinary Events In Gold & Silver May 23, 2013
- Incredibly Important Developments In Many Key Markets May 23, 2013
- The Fed Destruction & A Cascading Panic Among Investors May 23, 2013
- Trust me, I'm a Newsletter Writer May 22, 2013 Porter Stansberry
- Monetary Policy to the Nth Degree May 22, 2013 Gary Tanashian
- Gold's Pivotal Role in Yuan Convertibility May 22, 2013 Julian D.W. Phillips
- Psychology in Gold News May 21, 2013 Greg Canavan
- Half Science, Half Art, Half Luck May 21, 2013 The Gold Report
Why Hold Gold?
Simply stated, here’s why…
Because the US Dollar is the world’s reserve currency (at least for now) and the US is the world’s largest economy. When the US$ goes down, there will be competitive devaluation of other national currencies. Unless your bank was giving you double digit interest rates, saving in fiat currencies actually yielded negative rate of returns compared to gold.Compared to stocks and other assets denominated in fiat currencies, the result is the same.
Because gold has been and still is the ultimate monetary metal & sound money. When its main competitors (fiat currencies) fall, gold shines. And finally…
Because even Central Banks no longer trust the dollar as a reserve currency. They have turned from net sellers of gold to net buyers. This is most significant because the main source of gold used in the gold price suppression scheme has been from the Central Banks.
GoldNomics – Cash or Gold Bullion? By Gold Core Ltd