- Is Maguire Right? Are the Bullion Banks On the Ropes? April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Explosive Moves in the Wings? April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Henry Gruver’s Incredible Vision Of Russian Submarines Launching Nuclear Missiles At The United States April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Gold Splits from Silver, Ratio Gains Before French Election But GLD Shrinks, 'Safe Haven' Demand Lacking April 21, 2017 Adrian Ash
- GLD Adds Most Gold Bars Since Sept. But Price Caught in 'Tug of War' April 20, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts April 19, 2017 Adrian Ash
Citi Raises Gold Price Forecasts for 2012-13
Citigroup raised its gold price forecasts for 2012 and 2013, saying ongoing global economic issues are causing gold to remain a favored asset for investors.
“With continued concerns over the economic health in the developed world, safe-haven demand has seen renewed investor interest in gold-linked securities,” analysts at the bank said in a note dated Sept. 24.
Citi raised its year-end price forecasts for most precious and base metals.
The bank increased its 2012 price forecasts for gold, silver and platinum by about 2 percent, 5 percent and 1.5 percent, respectively, while it cut its earlier forecast for palladium prices by about 1.7 percent.
For 2013, Citi raised gold and silver price expectations by over 3 percent each, and those of platinum and palladium by over 6 percent each.
Illegal strikes in South Africa, mine closures and project delays were seen causing supply issues in the market for platinum and palladium, analysts at the bank said.