- The Real Reason For America’s Looming Retirement Crisis April 25, 2017 The Doc
- London Analyst Warns China Ready to PULL THE PLUG, Dump T-Bonds For GOLD April 25, 2017 Elijah Johnson
- Alasdair Macleod Reveals America’s Financial War Strategy April 25, 2017 The Doc
- Gold Bullion Erases $10 Bounce Despite French Election, N.Korea Risks, Imports to China Jump April 25, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Gold Price Sinks as 'Markets Favorite' Macron Beats Anti-Euro Le Pen in France's 1st Round April 24, 2017 Steffen Grosshauser
- Gold Splits from Silver, Ratio Gains Before French Election But GLD Shrinks, 'Safe Haven' Demand Lacking April 21, 2017 Adrian Ash
Coins & Bullion Dealers Reviews
Holding physical gold & silver in your personal custody is an essential component of your asset portfolio. It may be helpful to view this portion of your asset as an insurance or part of your emergency survival kit. In the event of a monetary crisis like bank run, hyperinflation or currency debasement, you will have sufficient at hand to keep your family and friends going until the crisis settles. It’s back to the old days when people keep cash under their pillows, except that it will be a disaster to do so under the present monetary system. Gold & silver coins and small bars are modern day equivalents.
As you browse the various sources to buy gold & silver coins, you’ll notice that you’re paying a rather large premium over spot prices (See the first and second column in the table below for gold & silver premiums respectively). Hence, you may want to consider this small portion of your assets as a “Savings Account”, while you hold the bulk of your assets as “Fixed Deposit” or ‘Term Deposit” in the form of professional grade bullion bars securely stored in private vaults outside the banking system. Read Buying & Storage Options for details on buying and storing professional grade bullion.
You will own substantially more ounces of gold or silver in this form compared to coins for the same amount of cash outlay. Savings in premiums are substantial, and will usually cover storage fees for many years. These vaulting services are listed at the bottom of the table under Vaulting Services
Summary of Mints & Dealers.
Click on the respective country flag for Reviews. Mouse over icons for legend
When buying coins, beware of fakes! Get them from a reputable source or take some trouble to check their authenticity yourself. Here’s one of the earlier videos about testing for fake silver coins.
… and here’s one for testing fake gold coins with a Fisch Test Kit – See How and Why it works
For more high-end testing, watch GoldMoney’s Ultrasonic Testing of gold bars.