- Hillary Campaign Unknowingly Invites Infowars Reporter To Volunteer: Undercover Report September 30, 2016 The Doc
- Deutsche Bank To Trigger Global Financial Collapse THIS Weekend? Eric Sprott Warns “This Is EXACTLY How Things Go Down!” September 30, 2016 The Doc
- Hanging By a Thread – Former FBI/SEC Official Eyes London Gold and Silver Fix Lawsuits September 30, 2016 The Doc
- Gold Bullion Halves Weekly Drop as Deutsche Bank Blames 'Rumors, Speculators', China Starts Holiday Week September 30, 2016 Adrian Ash
- Gold Prices Slip Despite India 'Surgical Strikes' in Pakistan as Oil Jumps on Opec Output Deal September 29, 2016 Adrian Ash
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged September 28, 2016 Adrian Ash
Bullish Signal? Funds Gold Bets Are At 3-Year Low
Money managers cut their bullish bets on Comex gold futures and options in the week ended April 24 to the lowest level in more than three years, according to data released Friday by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
Managed funds slashed 2,225 long positions, or bets prices will rise, and added 2,450 short positions, or bets prices will fall.
This took their net position down 4% to 107,600 long contracts, from 112,275 long contracts. That’s the lowest in CFTC data since the week ended Jan. 20, 2009.
The net position is the difference between the number of long and short contracts held by traders in the category and shifts in the net positions are considered as indicators of change in sentiment.
The managed-fund net long position represents around 10.7 million troy ounces of gold.
In Comex silver futures and options, these traders added 248 long contracts and 2,883 short contracts. This reduced their net long position by 20% to 10,756 contracts, from 13,390 contracts the previous week.
The net silver position represents around 53.7 million troy ounces of silver.