- Is Maguire Right? Are the Bullion Banks On the Ropes? April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Explosive Moves in the Wings? April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Henry Gruver’s Incredible Vision Of Russian Submarines Launching Nuclear Missiles At The United States April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Gold Splits from Silver, Ratio Gains Before French Election But GLD Shrinks, 'Safe Haven' Demand Lacking April 21, 2017 Adrian Ash
- GLD Adds Most Gold Bars Since Sept. But Price Caught in 'Tug of War' April 20, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts April 19, 2017 Adrian Ash
German Auditors Urge Controlling Gold Reserves
Germany’s federal auditors’ office says the country’s central bank should control its gold reserves worth tens of billions of dollars that are stored in the United States, Britain and France.
The auditors said in a report to lawmakers, obtained by The Associated Press on Monday, that Germany’s gold reserves stored abroad “have never been physically checked by the Bundesbank itself or other independent auditors regarding their authenticity or weight.”
Most of Germany’s gold reserves – some 3,400 tons worth an estimated $190 billion at current rates – are stored with the U.S. Federal Reserve, the Bank of France and the Bank of England – a decision made decades ago to secure the stockpile because Germany was bordering what was then the Soviet bloc.