- The Real Reason For America’s Looming Retirement Crisis April 25, 2017 The Doc
- London Analyst Warns China Ready to PULL THE PLUG, Dump T-Bonds For GOLD April 25, 2017 Elijah Johnson
- Alasdair Macleod Reveals America’s Financial War Strategy April 25, 2017 The Doc
- Gold Bullion Erases $10 Bounce Despite French Election, N.Korea Risks, Imports to China Jump April 25, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Gold Price Sinks as 'Markets Favorite' Macron Beats Anti-Euro Le Pen in France's 1st Round April 24, 2017 Steffen Grosshauser
- Gold Splits from Silver, Ratio Gains Before French Election But GLD Shrinks, 'Safe Haven' Demand Lacking April 21, 2017 Adrian Ash
Gold bull run set for 12th consecutive year – WGC
Global gold demand is seen steady in the first quarter of this year supported by investment demand which offsets weak demand from India, the world’s major gold consumer, a senior official for the World Gold Council (WGC) said on Thursday.
“The quarter looks like a steady one in terms of demand,” Marcus Grubb, WGC managing director told Reuters on the sidelines of a news briefing.
“We believe this will be the 12th year of a bull run (on gold markets) by the end of this year,” he added.
“Central banks continued to be net buyers of gold at a good rate (in Q1),” Grubb said. He declined to give precise figures ahead of a WGC quarterly demand trend report due to be released next week.
Grubb also said it was unlikely that gold reserves around the world could be used to bail out crisis-hit countries in the periphery of Europe.