- Is Maguire Right? Are the Bullion Banks On the Ropes? April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Explosive Moves in the Wings? April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Henry Gruver’s Incredible Vision Of Russian Submarines Launching Nuclear Missiles At The United States April 23, 2017 The Doc
- Gold Splits from Silver, Ratio Gains Before French Election But GLD Shrinks, 'Safe Haven' Demand Lacking April 21, 2017 Adrian Ash
- GLD Adds Most Gold Bars Since Sept. But Price Caught in 'Tug of War' April 20, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts April 19, 2017 Adrian Ash
Hong Kong exchange to launch yuan-settled gold
The Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange plans to launch yuan-settled gold and copper futures by July, its president said on Friday, as it looks to tap growing interest in commodities from Chinese investors.
Albert Helmig also told reporters in Shanghai that the bourse would offer yuan-denominated contracts for other industrial metals in the next 12 months.
Appetite for investment in commodities has risen dramatically in China over the last few years on the back of galloping prices, which have also led to more hedging demand from some companies.