- The Real Reason For America’s Looming Retirement Crisis April 25, 2017 The Doc
- London Analyst Warns China Ready to PULL THE PLUG, Dump T-Bonds For GOLD April 25, 2017 Elijah Johnson
- Alasdair Macleod Reveals America’s Financial War Strategy April 25, 2017 The Doc
- Gold Bullion Erases $10 Bounce Despite French Election, N.Korea Risks, Imports to China Jump April 25, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Gold Price Sinks as 'Markets Favorite' Macron Beats Anti-Euro Le Pen in France's 1st Round April 24, 2017 Steffen Grosshauser
- Gold Splits from Silver, Ratio Gains Before French Election But GLD Shrinks, 'Safe Haven' Demand Lacking April 21, 2017 Adrian Ash
Turkish Banks Want Physical Gold for Paper!
Atasay, a Turkish jewelry maker, will work with Turkiye Is Bankasi, the country’s biggest bank by assets, and Turkiye Garanti Bankasi, the biggest listed bank by market value, to collect gold jewelry from the public to be stored in gold deposit accounts, Hurriyet newspaper reported.
Atasay’s 400 shops in Turkey will hand certificates for gold jewelry brought in by customers who open gold deposit accounts for the equivalent Turkish lira amount at the banks, Hurriyet said, citing Atasay chairman Cihan Kamer.
Atasay is also in talks with Turkiye Halk Bankası, the largest listed state-run bank, TC Ziraat Bankasi, the biggest state-owned bank, and Denizbank, a lender taken over by Russia’s OAO Sberbank, to start similar arrangements, Kamer said, according to the Istanbul-based newspaper. Banking industry deposits have declined over the past year.
Turks have about 5,000 metric tons of gold “stashed under their pillows,” Ozcan Halac, head of the Istanbul Gold Exchange, said in a Bloomberg HT interview on March 7.