- Alasdair Macleod’s Market Report: Silver Hit Hard! April 30, 2017 The Doc
- Navy Seal Warns – A Global Catastrophe Is Being Orchestrated By The Elites: “There Are Many Things The President Does Not Know” April 30, 2017 The Doc
- Satan’s Final Moments? “You Will See My Return” April 30, 2017 The Doc
- April Sees Gold's Highest Month Average Since Oct, Silver's Best Since Sept. as India's Festival Buying Jumps April 28, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Gold Price 'Likely to Rebound' But Silver Tests 2017 Uptrend as Trump's Tax Plan Sees Stock Markets Drop April 27, 2017 Adrian Ash
- Trump's First 100 Days See Gold Price Most Closely Tied Ever to Dollar's Value in Yen April 26, 2017 Adrian Ash
Venezuela to Develop Las Cristinas Gold Mine with China
Venezuela will develop its huge Las Cristinas gold project in partnership with Chinese state investment company CITIC, President Hugo Chavez announced on Friday.
The government last year canceled Canadian company Crystallex International’s permit to develop the long-troubled mine project south of the Orinoco River.
Russian-Canadian miner Rusoro had hoped to partner with Venezuela in what could be Latin America’s largest gold deposit. Las Cristinas has estimated reserves of 17 million ounces.
In a meeting with Chinese investors, Chavez said he was firming “an agreement with CITIC for the joint development of Las Cristinas.” He gave no details.
Chavez, who was speaking at his last meeting before flying to Cuba for cancer treatment, has brought Venezuela ever closer to China in terms of business and political ties during his 13-year rule of the South American OPEC member.
Development of the Las Cristinas mine, near a town bearing the name of the mythical golden city of El Dorado, has dragged for decades due to a mixture of bureaucratic, political and financing issues.
Some locals say the mine is cursed.